OMO@c Old Man Opinion #1

These 17" Aviator boots don't "really have all that much to do with my current day-to-day lifestyle, believe it or not..." So wrote the inimitable Ben of Stitchdown.  And it's kind of a shame, doncha' think?  I mean that it's hard nowadays to have a lifestyle that includes 17" Avaitors 'cause they are just so cool.  Ben's piece on these Black Sign made Aviator boots is typically brilliant and well-written.  Go here to read his review:
https://www.stitchdown.com/brands/black-sign/black-sign-aviator-engineer-boots-review/



I mean I can believe it but I sorta' lament it, don't you? Wanting to dress like The Rocketeer is a good thing. Personally I want to look half as cool as Eugene Bullard. (Picture below. Please look him up if you're not familiar with this American hero.) 



And it's so cool to be this cool (and I am not thinking myself so) but I want a lifestyle that includes these boots, the insanely cool wabash, and is definitely cool enough (as you are) to pull off those Military Cord Driving Trousers. All of your pants are too slim, Ben, now that you are this old. It's like the evolution of the button collar---once you reach a certain age anything but the true 3"+ OCBD collar is boy-ish, too youthful for a man of a certain age. To wit, slim pants when you have grey in your beard. Those days are gone. 

Just another Old Man Opinion (OMO @c) That said, I do have a lifestyle that could easily accommodate said boots and pants. I mean, who cares what the Old Professor looks like, he's nuts anyway---as my course reviews maintain. I only remember the disparaging remarks. But I do wonder if I am cool enough to wear them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Walk Through the Park in the Himel Excelsior

High Rise, Going Straight and the End of Too Tight

The Ship John Wills Jacket