OMO@c #3 An Ametora Crisis of First World Proportions including Dean Martin and The Beatles

There is some VERY COLD air coming and apparently a real snow storm.  I love the bad weather.  Keeps away the riffraff.  "How do you live like that, I couldn't stand it..." says an old pal formerly of Jersey, now in (gulp) Florida.  I couldn't say to him what I can say to *you*: how else do you get to love your 25oz denim and wool shirts?  (I pity those hardcore Singapore denimheads.  It's mightily warm for heavy denim.)  But today I realized also quite by accident that I had also mixed styles that are both Japan-revered but not mixed much *here.*   And this brought on another crisis of first world problem proportions.

It started like this.  I was too lazy to pick out a shirt so I took the OCBD hanger-dried in the bathroom, tucked it in with these OrSlow fatigues. OrSlow *never* disappoints. But then I was still cold so I grabbed the Iron Heart and put it on over the OCBD.  I have successfully, albeit without the slightest consideration, bookended Ametora---Ivy meets heritage.  Rarely are those worlds commensurate in America.  We might have invented both but Ivy hated jeans the way Dean Martin hated The Beatles.  (Most Ivy types are still not denimheads too.)  So far, so good, *except* the person most in the news for wearing shirts in layers is...Steve Bannon and every fiber (pun intended) of my being wants to never ever be anything like *that guy.*  But I'm making this my own.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Walk Through the Park in the Himel Excelsior

High Rise, Going Straight and the End of Too Tight

The Ship John Wills Jacket